Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Technical Difficulties

Whew. It's been forever since I've posted to my blog. Not long after my last post, our computer suffered a meltdown. We tried everything to fix it on our own, but nothing worked. We're lucky enough to have a laptop to use as a backup, but it's ancient - about 4 years old - and Blogger was too much for it to handle. It crashed repeatedly when I tried to sign on. I was afraid of killing it, so I stayed off while we got our computer fixed. They ended up backing up our files and wiping the whole system before reinstalling Windows. The entire process was long, expensive, and I think our next computer will likely be a Mac!

Things have been going well with my pregnancy. I can't believe that I'm 32 weeks tomorrow. We went to California and had another ultrasound. This is my favorite picture of the little guy:

My parents were thrilled that they got to see Baby S and the whole experience was amazing. I see so much of B in the pictures. He says he doesn't see it, but that's just because he wants the baby to look like me.

While we were in California I had a nice talk with my sister's SIL. Her best friend has been going through IF and they were told IVF is their best chance. She asked me all kinds of questions about what we went through. I told her everything I could and gave her my email address for the friend. I haven't heard from her yet, but I hope I will. I can completely understand, though, if the last thing she wants to do is talk to someone who is currently pregnant. That would have been hard for me, too.

I've been very lucky with everything so far. I passed my GD test even though it wiped me out for the rest of the day. All of my appointments have gone well. I did have a 12 pound (!!!) weight gain in one month, but things have returned to a more normal 1 pound a week.

We're trying to get everything ready for August. I have a million different lists because I can't seem to remember anything these days. I even shaved one leg twice and skipped the other one a few days ago. B is getting more and more excited as the time gets closer. I've mentioned before that he was kind of distant in the beginning out of fear for what could go wrong...seeing his excitement has been one of my favorite things about being pregnant. And you know how some guys have sympathetic pregnancy symptoms? He is starting to "nest" lately. He was super excited with how clean he got the shower last weekend and has been a huge help. We're still working on a name. Our last name is very long, so two of the names we like would be over the top. All we know is that it will start with an S and won't be our previous first choice - Samuel - because we have a brand new nephew with that name.

I'm crossing my fingers that I will be able to finally post more often. I have a lot of catching up to do with all of the blogs I was reading before the crash. I'm looking forward to finding out how everyone is doing. My thoughts and good wishes are always with all of you even when technology gets in the way.


Michelle said...

So glad you're back! I'd seen you post here and there on FF, so knew that things were going well, but it's great that you're back in the blogosphere! Sorry about the computer, though. Mine does things every now and then that make me worry that it's on the brink of death.

The little one is adorable!!!

serenity said...

So glad to see this post - wow, time really has flown, hasn't it? So happy that the little one is doing well!!!

Reproductive Jeans said...

Awesome ultrasound! Almost time=)=)

Tara said...

I ran across your blog and wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. I am dealing with infertility myself and it brings me hope to read your blog- I hope it is ok that I am reading it.